VPN (Virtual Private Network)
A Virtual Private Network is a method or technique to connecting your private network using public network (Internet) with privacy, security through encryption and others security measures. Using VPN you can communicate between two different locations across Internet with low cast and security.
The speed of sharing data using VPN depends upon your internet speed, if you are using cable internet or DSL to connect two different location for VPN then your data flow is much faster than any dial-up VPN connection.
How to Install VPN Server and VPN Client?
To configure VPN server and VPN client, first confirm that both ends (client computer and server computer) are connected to Internet.
- First click on Start button then Control Panel > Administrative Tools, here open the option Routing and Remote Access.
- Browse the server name and then click the option Configure and Enable Routing and Remote Access from the Action menu, and then click the Next button. Then you will find the Virtual Private Network option in the Common Configurations dialog box. Here select the option Virtual Private Network and go for Next.
- Here select the option Yes, all of the available protocols are on this list then click Next, In next step select the Internet connection option to connect internet.
- In IP Address Assignment dialog box, select Automatically if you want to use DHCP server for IP address, otherwise you can your static IP address here if you have.
- Here you will get a dialog box with name Managing Multiple Remote Access Server, check the option No, I don't want to set up this server to use Radius now and Finish it.
- On the Client computer first connect Internet connection to make VPN setup.
- Click Start Button and sitting then go to option Network and Dial-up Connections.
- Here click on Make New Connection, select the option here Connection To a Private Network Through the Internet and Next.
- Select first option Automatically Dial this Initial Connection, if you are using dial-up connection, otherwise select Do not dial the Initial Connection, if you are using cable internet.
- In next step type the IP address of the computer to which you want to connect, then go Next and select option For All Users or Only for Myself, according to your requirement. Click Next and finish the connection. read more