This only works in the following versions — Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, and Windows 7 Enterprise.
To Disable Registry Editor for All User Account On Windows7, follow the step below :-
- Press windows + R to bring up the Run dialog box.
- Type gpedit.msc in the dialog box and press ok button/ Enter. This will open Windows Group Policy Editor.
- Go to User Configuration and expand Administrative Templates.
- In Administrative Templates select System. Every content of System are shown at the right hand side.
- Scroll through the contents for Prevent access to registry editing tools and open it.
- Enable the option to prevent registry access.
Well it’s done. Now any user account including yours is prevented to use the Registry Editor.
If you are having Administrator privilege and want to enable the Registry Editor again, follow the same steps and just Disable the option which was Enabled previously.